User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2022, 12:57 PM
Major

superfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyers98 View Post
I'm just not a fan of a system where we pretend that the folks earning the money for the school are being done a favor. You can't decide whether or not to compensate people for their work based on the result you want, (i.e. let's not pay kids or let's regulate it because our team won't benefit). UD has plenty of millionaire alums, if they are worried about falling behind, time to step up. Raise the ticket prices, raise the concession prices. If you are worried, be part of the solution, don't suggest that kids not get paid.

What effect does professors, administrators or athletic directors for that matter, making hundreds of thousands of dollars per year have on non-athlete student costs? Or employee's kids getting tuition waivers, my nephew gets an alumni scholarship because I went to UD, who is paying for that? Where does the endowments stand these days? The non-athletes are paying for the scholarships, that is laughable. That basketball program, and the arena which exists only because of the basketball program, is the biggest revenue producer the school has.
I would guess that many people worried about NIL are the same people that dislike watching pro sports. I prefer watching people play for the love of the game than for money.

I loved my time at UD and prefer to root for people that also love being there, not people that are only there because UD pays the most money, or aren't good enough to go somewhere that pays more. So many players say they committed to UD because it felt like "home" or "family", you never hear these kind of statements when a pro player signs as a free agent with another team. I find it extremely difficult to root for many pro players (except Obi). So many me-first and diva attitudes.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to superfan99 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (04-22-2022), Gazoo (04-22-2022), springborofan (04-22-2022)