Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2022, 01:21 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,459 Times in 777 Posts
Hyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Gazoo, I must be the only one hung up on giving scholarships to players who may be earning 7 digits per year with an NIL deal. A player could easily earn more than the average salary of a professor in Ohio (less than $100,000) and still get an athletic scholarship. That just seems absurd to me. I’ve long disagreed with the NCAA about allowing players to make money off of their NIL. I thought it was ridiculous that players couldn’t get paid to work camps in their off seasons. Schools made money off of the strength of their branding on the backs of their athletes. But, I fear the pendulum has swung to far in the other direction.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Hyde Park Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (04-22-2022)