Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2022, 04:59 PM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,405 Times in 2,481 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Eliminate all scholarships and let the players figure their own self worth out and pitch that to sponsors. The world without the benefit of a schools logo-program behind them is a whole lot harder. That would change the landscape. Most of the players don’t realize it’s a two-way street. They just want to play both sides of the coin. I don’t think they should be able to double-dip and as someone suggested above, many be there is a cap to earnings to still keep your scholarship. I also understand players should be able to sell t-shirts with their name on them, etc. It’s kind of like Megan &Harry leaving the Royal Family because they want to make their own money. Well you don’t get your security detail paid for then. There are no easy answers and it’s new and complex. But I would bet money drives a lot of what’s coming down the pipeline and it’s not going to be pretty. How the heck are coaches going to manage the chemistry on a team when some players are driving new cars and taking dates to the best steakhouse in town and others have to budget to go to McDonalds?
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
Chris R (04-22-2022), jack72 (04-23-2022), Lifelong Flyer Fan (04-22-2022), ud2 (05-04-2022)