User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2010, 10:40 PM
Major

Flyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TA111 View Post
Fudd-I disagree with your assessment. We saw more offensive capability out of the 5 position in this scrimmage than in the past 4 years. Searcy really showed a nice touch and kavs looks like different player. kavs had at least 3 really nice passes for easy looks and finished when he needed to. Heck, he was the leading scorer on the floor for a while. We are much better at the 5 this year on offense. Staten is a very good player. always seems under control with a nice 15' pull-up-and man is he quick. really impressed with Spearman, Hill and Oliver. They definitely held their own tonight.
I really don't have a clue on our bigs to play defense as it seemed very crowded under the basket. There was some great passing and soft touches on shots to the basket. Luke looked very good and was the only one trying to block out on rebounds. I think he has made so really good improvements on his defense although he did get called for a lot of fouls but he was guarding Chris Wright.

Wan looked really good, and has a super quick first step, great passing, and nice pull up jumper. For speed Dillard looked a little faster but his handle is not as good as Wan. Parker is really ripped and looked good against Wan but Wan has the edge.

Spearman is going to be quite the player- he has a really good handle and is able to penetrate with some great body control. Outside shot is very good and his body looks really strong. Devin Oliver also had a strong game with some good driving moves to the basket. The freshman did a good job and showed that they belong.

With that being said when they had the lineup of CW, CJ, JS, JP, and I believe DS they did not overwhelm the competition. Work to do.

Final observation is the team is more athletic than last year, really good ball handling and passing with decent defense. Would of liked to see them slow it down and see how they would operate in a half court offense.
Mad Props to Flyer2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (10-24-2010)