Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 08:22 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BRob2Perryman3 View Post
They need to embrace fixing the parking nightmare. Every time i walk past that line of poor saps waiting to get on that bus in the cold i feel bad.

And they have the gall to charge people $5 to "park" in "Lot O"

Some of these people are season ticket holders. Some of these can only go to a couple games a year. Some people have to budget the money to take their families to the game.

UD basketball means so much to the community they can atleast have the decency to accomodate their fans better.

All it takes is one of the big dogs to start barking...i.e Dr. Levitt,Clay Mathile or others. Some chump whining on UDPride.com wont change anything. Some of our best and supportive fans have to ride that **** bus. Unfortunately they don't donate on top of spending for tickets and "parking" in "Lot O"

This bothered me before, but now that i know they are spending $72 million and not fixing the parking incenses me. I wish someone who had the clout (i.e money) would stand up for the fans that gather their pennies so little Johnny can go watch Kyle Davis
I am one of these "saps", thank you for thinking of us.

The answer, at least for me and my family is, we leave nearly every game early. I am not standing in line for 20-30 minutes for the bus. The majority of home games last year were weeknight games, and I have to work the next day. I think there was a run of 3 or 4 straight Tuesday/Wednesday night home games, which I assume the conference does because we draw regardless of when we play at home, while we are a strong road draw only when we are at these garbage gyms on weekends.

I also have a bad back, so most of the time walking the way back is pretty uncomfortable. It also is far from ideal when it is raining or very cold, which it is fairly often. In fact, this past season I think there were only 1 or 2 games where it was uncomfortably cold waiting on the bus which was a new record for my third year of season-ticket holding.

I hate missing the ends of reasonably close games, but any that have come down to the buzzer I haven't missed. Yet.

One time our bus driver decided to exit out an alternate exit, so we had to wait behind all the car traffic to clear out instead of going out the Lot C exit like normal. We were stuck in the lot for 30 minutes on the bus after waiting in line on the bus for 15 minutes. That was solid.

I learned during year 1, I have to get to the Lot over an hour prior to tip-off, or I may miss tip-off unless I want to walk over. This year it did seem like they had more buses running, but it is what it is. It hasn't turned me off from buying season tickets yet, but as someone else mentioned if they are spending $72 million on this, would it really kill them to spend another million or so to buy some more land in the back of the lots and fix this for good. I guess they are not spending money for us, the 400-level season ticket holder. This is all about the premium experience for fans who can spend a lot of money. How can they part the wealthy fans from even more of their hard earned money? Because they probably know the nickel and diming of Joe Pinchpenny can only take them so far.

I've complained a fair bit and they are clearly not interested in "fixing" this, so at some point I either vote with my wallet or I ride the bus.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to priceg75 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (05-15-2017), mikeymo85 (05-15-2017)