Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 01:47 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BRob2Perryman3 View Post
I prefer they not hang NIT banners. I wonder if Rupp and Dean Dome hang NIT banners
Kentucky only hangs Final 4 banners.

As for the renderings not showing banners people need to remember that they don't show every exact detail and it's not exactly like any of the banners UD displays currently are in a prominent location anyway besides the most recent ones that are at the bottom of the scoreboard that is being replaced.

Originally Posted by BRob2Perryman3 View Post
Someone stated that Football loses more the 800K a year. That's ridiculous. There is no Title IX crap to go through to simply dump football. That is 800K that could go back into the men's basketball program.
That was me. This would be my choice too, but it still doesn't get rid of Welcome Stadium since DPS owns it so it doesn't solve the parking problem.

Edit: Here is a twitter thread where a guy has the UD athletic budget from a .gov site (not sure what year) showing the 800k loss. Thread also includes a football player whining about UD renovating the arena and doing nothing for the football team.

https://twitter.com/UDRYAN/status/863095728486404097

Last edited by C-time; 05-15-2017 at 01:54 PM..