Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 05:20 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UD62 View Post
Football is one of the sports that has been identified as one that the university will strive to compete on a national level. Football is here to stay, get over it. It draws more fans than any other sport save men's basketball. Having a football program that costs 1M + or - with a net loss of 800K or so is a bargain. the non-scholarship program is ideal for the school, possibility(however slim) to play for a FCS National championship is there. Football program is about 5% of the athletic budget, hardly a budget buster. If you don't like the program, fine, but it's here to stay.
I have stated many times before on here that I don't see the point of UD having football, but I also know (as you stated) that it's here to stay whether I like it or not.

And since it's here to stay I hope they simply keep playing at Welcome Stadium and UD finds other options to improve parking where the Marriot lot isn't needed anymore. Any of those options are most likely going to be less expensive than building a UD football stadium and wasting valuable land on the campus side of the river.