Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Roster Updates
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 04:37 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RamodWaleskowski View Post
Agree to disagree. Up until last year DD did not play good defense.

Not saying that the skill he needs to pick up for this season is finishing around the rim. Maybe it's shooting off the dribble, passing or ball handling.

All the same. I would expect/hope that he improves other areas of his game going into his senior year.
The only thing I would say to that is that his defense improved because he finally decided to put forth the effort required to play good defense. That had nothing to do with any real skill improvement. It was simply choosing to give effort.

Maybe he will improve in some offensive skill areas, but there was no evidence of any real offensive skill improvement in 3 years by DD while almost every other player improved in some way. We have seen him try to do many of those things in games which made it pretty obvious the coaches were trying to add those skills to his game, but he failed repeatedly to execute them in a game. It finally got to the point last year that I was pretty sure Archie just flat out told him to stop messing around with drives etc. and just stick to shooting spot up 3's.

Truthfully I'd be perfectly happy if Darrell is simply a 3 and D guy this year.