Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 11:56 AM
General

Thanked 5,434 Times in 2,374 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris R View Post
Fans are fickle. For the better part of two decades on UDPride the narrative was, "I pray for the day we start getting into the 'difficult position' of having our players leave early for the NBA. Its a problem I welcome with open arms." We finally get a player drafted in the NBA after playing just one frosh season (like Kentucky or Duke draftees) and the kid is a selfish, self-absorbed knob who used Dayton and didnt care about anybody other than himself. I wonder if Kentucky fans say the same thing about their 2-3 early entrant every year? Or show gratitude that the kids went to Kentucky and not a competitor school, and made the program better for having been there at all.

Are Arizona fans dragging Deandre Ayton over the coals for hanging around Tucson for just one season like a selfish d-bag?

I don't think Kentucky fans begrudge their one-and-done first round picks. Not at all. But I'll bet the guys who play 5 minutes a game and then leave when they're entirely un-ready, and then don't even sign a big contract, are considered pretty big schmucks.

I think Kostas is a pretty big schmuck. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Fans are upset that we invested so much time in him and then before he could really contribute he made (what was perceived to be) a really dumb decision.

So we got little out of it, and he appears to have gotten little out of it. And we're all supposed to cheer?
Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (07-17-2018)