Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 09:54 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,699 Times in 1,668 Posts
DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lhsgolf19 View Post
Be very excited, this kid is the real deal... blowing up lately...
Definitely blowing up...

Washington's got offers right now from Tulsa, Rhode Island, VCU, Utah, Duquesne, St. Joseph, Miami OH, Toledo, Charlotte, and Middle Tennessee State (where his pops is a legend). And there are a lot of big name programs sniffing around too: Arkansas, Mizzou, Texas, Iowa, Cal, Notre Dame, Michigan and Michigan State among others.

Did a bit of reading on this guy, and it really seems like he's probably just waiting on that Michigan State or maybe Michigan offer. It's not one of those situations where the kid has been ignored by the in-state giants. He has been to both schools on multiple occasions - to their midnight madness events, as an on-the-field guest at football games, etc. He's scrimmaged with the guys at Michigan State and had quality one-on-one time with "Coach Izz" as he calls him.

http://www.mlive.com/sports/2016/09/...ington_jr.html

https://www.landof10.com/michigan-st...-in-highlights

So I would stop short of being "very excited" about the prospects of Duane Washington being a flyer because I'd be very surprised if he came here. Of the Dwayne/Duane's, I think I like our odds at Dwayne Cohill better.

But to me, there is definitely something here worth being excited about. And that is the fact that Anthony Grant is going after some absolute studs here. Washington is the number one ranked PG coming out of Michigan in the 2018 class. And Cohill is the number one ranked PG coming out of Ohio in the 2018 class. These are guys Archie probably would have written off as guys we would have had no chance at getting. And that could be true, but with limited scholarships to give in 2018 this is really what you want to see. You want to see Grant going after the cream of the crop in my opinion.
Mad Props to DallasFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
MNFats (07-14-2017)