User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 03:03 PM
Captain

Sticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud of
Funny story from yesterday..... I got a phone call around 1:30pm from one of my old UD roommates who now lives in the Milwaukee area. He's become a big Bucks fan, loves Giannis, but doesn't get a chance to follow UD as closely as he used to. He had come back to Dayton to visit during Christmas and we watched a game together (during a time when I wasn't particularly excited about Kostas' play or his antics on the court) and I somewhat jokingly spent the entire game complaining about Kostas, knowing that my buddy loves Giannis. Anyway, I got the call yesterday and my buddy was all excited, telling me how he was eating lunch and out of the corner of his eye he saw Giannis, Kostas, and their mom in a corner booth. My buddy stopped by their booth on his way out, introduced himself as a 1994 University of Dayton grad, and told Kostas good luck and that he couldn't wait to watch him develop his game at UD. Then he told Giannis, "And good luck to you too!" My buddy couldn't make out what Kostas said but the mom was very appreciative and thanked him. I told my buddy (again, only jokingly) that he should've told Kostas to stop hanging out around the 3-point line and to stop crying after every call that goes against him. I then went about my day at work - it didn't even dawn on me that Kostas was in Milwaukee instead of being in class at UD.

A few hours later, I jump on UDPride as I'm about to leave work and start reading this thread. I immediately called my buddy back and told him that his story just got better.

Just more proof that timing is everything.

Last edited by Sticks 'n Stearns; 03-23-2018 at 03:05 PM..
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Sticks 'n Stearns For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (06-21-2018), Lowd&ProUD (03-24-2018), UDGutter2 (03-23-2018)