Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 10:32 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by priceg75 View Post
Don't know why anyone is surprised. VCU fans are a lot of things, but "classy" generally isn't one of them.
This x100.

Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
I haven't gone there but I think they do have a right to be pi$$ed. He was only there 2 years and according to Avid, has been actively looking. Our situation was a little different with 2 years after Archie. VCU was more established and I can't believe that anyone thought they were hiring anyone that was only going to use the job as a 2 year stepping stone. Wade could have stayed at his old job and gone straight to a LSU type job. I consider this a low character move unless something went on that made Wade really unhappy. Sure, it is his right but that doesn't mean everyone has to accept it and wish him well.
I understand/agree that they have a right to be angry, but the crazy part of their fanbase has gone way over the top. Even the guy who runs vcuramnation.com and is usually very fair and reasonable wrote an article the other day basically saying VCU is the Gonzaga of the East and he went absolutely nuts on Wade on twitter last night.

Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
According to local radio in Richmond, Wade left without telling his players or the school that he accepted the job. VCU and his players found out from the media. If that is true, I can see why their fans are mad.
The players finding out on twitter like the rest of the world is a bad. My bet is that Wade/LSU were planning an announcement today, and that Wade probably wanted to have a meeting with the players this morning. The problem with that is that guys like Goodman/Rothstein are going to find out and release the info. If a coach is going to leave they have to call a meeting with their current players as soon as they decide to leave otherwise it's going to get out.