Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 01:13 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by springborofan View Post
I have to believe neutral at best. They don't know AG other than what they read on UD's announcement.

But this brings me to a different topic. I don't recall AM being very aggressive going after Henton and the other big guy from Detroit. It was several weeks before he even met either face to face. I don't think he was sold on either or, perhaps, a little too brash thinking he could get equal if not better recruits.

I'd like to think AG is going to make reaching out to the recruits a very high priority which I think could help him retain a good portion of them.

From what I know, I could see where a parent would be very happy about letting their son get mentored by AG--he'll definitely win over the parents. Can he win over the recruits?
I hear what you're saying and believe these are two very different situations and will be treated as such by our new coach. AM came into the program that was in need of a rebuild as far as players go. The team came off of two disappointing seasons(winning the NIT is disappointing as the big picture of season goes for me). Keeping the two recruits probably wasn't as crucial to things as far as AM was concerned and might have been looked upon as detrimental to the future as far as getting his type of players and style in. He probably realized that while it would help him in his first couple seasons it might slow up what he really was trying to do.

AG is coming in to a program that lost a lot of seniors, this is true. But one that I don't think anybody was disappointed in. I think the best that AG can hope for is to keep the success going and not doing a huge rebuild but a subtle one that takes more years to get his players in.

Hopefully he can keep 2 or 3 of the new recruits and also sign some that are backing out or leaving a program that just lost their coach.