Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2022, 08:56 PM
General

Thanked 5,460 Times in 2,387 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
I guess the problem is we have depth, but it's unbalanced depth. This is the 2nd straight season we've gone into wondering how the minutes were going to be divided. Back in 2013-2014, we had depth also, but it was much more balanced. And really, it's yet to be proven that our bench is that strong. The depth we keep talking about includes Amzil, Zimi, Brea, Amaefule and probably Mike or Elvis when our roster is healthy. None of these guys have yet instilled a lot of confidence that when called upon they will answer the call. It's been more like sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. Especially if needed to start. I say that about Mike because he's only played one game against a patsy team but expect he's going to be top notch.

Back in 2013-2014, we had an answer for every position whether the depth was called on to eat up minutes for rest and foul trouble or to start for injuries. I really am far from saying that this depth we rave about now, comes close to the depth we had that Elite Eight season. And honestly, other than DaRon, I'm not so sure we're better in any other area of the team than we were then. Not saying we won't be, but it's far from a given at this point.

Camara is freaking good. I mean, really good.

But yeah, we've got a lot of bodies who are all capable, there's no Marco Pikkar's in the group. No Maurice Bayena's. These guys can play. But can they just play, or can they help drive us to a top 15 ranking?
Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (12-01-2022)