Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2023, 06:03 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,182 Times in 579 Posts
Bill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond repute
I live in north Jersey, 4 miles from the New Jersey - New York (Orange County) border. Driving to Brooklyn, while doable, just doesn't make sense to me. I am referring to parking, tolls, etc. I think it is now a $16 toll to cross the GW bridge! That leaves public transportation. With time constraints, connections that would have to be made, that is out of the question. I am not about to get a hotel room in Brooklyn for the tournament. All this has become too expensive! I have attended the A-10 Tournament in Dayton and Atlantic City (a 3 and 1/2 hour drive). I will not go to Brooklyn. Madison Square Graden is much easier to get to, but that is not in the discussion.

We play Fordham next week. I have made the trip to Rose Hill in the past, but I do NOT plan on traveling to the "da Bronx" next week. At 73, almost 74, I'll just sit at home and watch the game on the Tube! If someone wants to drive me to Fordham next week maybe, I'll reconsider.

Last edited by Bill McPeek; 01-04-2023 at 06:10 PM..