User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2023, 12:53 PM
Captain

Cityengr is a name known to allCityengr is a name known to allCityengr is a name known to allCityengr is a name known to allCityengr is a name known to allCityengr is a name known to all
Originally Posted by NJFlyr71 View Post
So I assume that the Flyers game looked really terrible in person or on TV. All I know is it sounded really bad over the RADIO.

I turned it off and missed the effort to comeback in the last 5 minutes (?) of the game.

From the boxscore it looked like we out-scored GW by 7 in the 2nd half. We were taken to the cleaners in the first half.

Not sure this team (in my mind going back to LAST year) as constituted has played in very many games with both half's been consistent from start to finish. Not sure why but it really has been the compelling issue for far too many games.
Despite how "bad" we played, it was a fun college basketball game to watch in person. From the opening play where GW took it the length and started the game with a slam dunk to UD trying to fight back for 40 minutes with GW hitting almost every free throw to the end. Give credit to GW, their small version of "Red Scare" were lowd not to mention their 30 some cheerleaders and dancers who took the court every stop in action. Finally, with 8 minutes or less to go, all UD needed was to hit a key three to cut it to 5 to really change the game. Noone ever did. We didnt have anyone who hit that shot. Meanwhile, the GW guards (Bishop and Adams) played free all game with no thought needed to either hit a shot or take it to the hole. Final observations, Mali did defend and at least was in the guards grill near the end with no hesitations. Kobe looked more tentative on the knee, but understandably it was his first time back in real action.