Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2023, 10:55 AM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flyerfanatic86 View Post
I'm no NBA scout, but I can picture him being a very good defensive player in the NBA with upside offensively. He won't have to deal with double/triple teams like he does now, but he's also going to go up against guys that are just as big/bigger than him, which is my biggest concern right now. But he's still young and has plenty of room to continue to grow stronger.

So idk if he will be drafted, and I have very little insight into other players he's competing with for those spots outside of the top few obvious lottery picks. But I don't think it's an absurd notion if he gets picked.
Fair enough. But keep in mind there's a risk here that he might not want to take. It sure looks like he's still got a lot to learn pre-NBA. Entering the draft and falling to the 2nd round is a real possibility. He has to weigh that risk as to would he want to take a chance this year and fall to 2nd round(which lots of time is comparable to being a 6th round pick in the NFL) or stay in college one more year hopiing to increase his chances as a first rounder next season. My opinion is he's better off playing another season in the NCAA(remember, Obi was 22 years old when he was drafted, while DaRon is still only 20). Of course, as said, if he does choose to stay in college, I think it's a no-brainer for him to transfer to P6.