Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 11:36 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,360 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
My vote is AG after it was pointed out we had one sub in 2nd. Wow. On the flip side I’m not sure he had any other options.

1 I can’t believe X is anything but continued health issue. Every man on the bench wants to play. It could be an attitude issue and without some inside info we will never know. I just lean towards his back problems.

2. Kostas might have been told any more childish antics and he sits. Thus I’m not voting AG for “needs to get the team under control”. If that’s what Kostas has been told, AG did exactly what he had to do and the leaders on this team need to get Kostas under control. Benching and extra wind-sprints is really the last line of discipline for a coach with a player you need to stay on the team and learn. Let’s hope someone breaks thru to him.

3 We took the lead with sometime like 3-5 minutes left. The players on the floor did that. I understand a coach staying with the guys that were crawling back. But I agree 100% we flat out ran out of gas. We don’t know what’s going on within the team but AG does and it’s on him. When Joey gets minutes in the middle of the game, that tells you there isn’t anyone else. (No offense to Joey.)

So my vote is based on preparation by AG. If the rotation options are down to what we saw in this game, AG better get guys like Joey and someone else ready to play for real because the odds he will need them keep going up. He is right, these are the cards he’s been dealt and it’s his job to figure out how to play them for a winning hand. I need to see more creativity out of this coaching staff. Time to think out of the box guys. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best. I don’t see the first part of that saying being addressed.