Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2022, 03:36 PM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
I see absolutely nothing positive with last nights game to report on the Obi front. I checked the box score near the end of the third quarter and at the time Randle had played 25 minutes, to Obi's 8 minutes.

Thibs has not changed and at this point zero optimism for Obi to be given more than the 12 minutes or so per night he got last year. (excluding mop up duty in blow outs and the last few games of the season)

Best thing that could happen for the Knicks and Obi is an 0-9 start, Thibs fired, and Obi to finally get his chance with a new coach.

Someone wake me up in a month or two if anything happens to change my negative outlook on the season ahead. Until then I have zero NBA interest yet again.
I certainly can’t counter thus with anything that I’d call positive. But I will add tto the mix in hopes there is a change somewhere. The Knicks tried to trade Randle but no one came anywhere close to what they think they need for him since they signed him to a big contract 2 off seasons ago and then he had a terrible year last year. And thus his market value tanked. So they are going to have to play him in hopes he starts producing to improve his market value. And then maybe they can trade him. It’s a horrible situation for Obi. The fans in NY love him. He loves being in NY. Someone else posted someone has to go…Thibs, Randle or Obi…for him to have a chance at a bigger role. I know nothing about the Knicks owner, so I have no option on if he would send a directive to get Obi more minutes?

I remember when Jason Kidd was a player for Dallas. I had season tickets. The team wasn’t very good back then, but I always came away from games being entertained because Kidd would always make some unbelievable pass or play every night. They usually lost, but you always had fun talking about Kidd’s talent after every game at a local bar for drinks afterwards. It was a very sad day for me when they traded him. You were left with a mediocre team with little entertainment value. I hope the Knicks owner gets that.