Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2023, 01:15 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,329 Times in 1,078 Posts
longtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
I confess to only watching the 4th quarter, but Obi was torched on 3 consecutive isolation plays. Not that whoever replaces him is a better option, just sayin'...
I didn’t get to see the game against Cleveland due to blackout (i have NBA season pass and not Fox Sports Ohio). Generally- with the exception of Mitch Robinson and maybe Quinten Grimes, the Knicks players are just your average token defense NBA players. Obi’s first year- he was out of position a lot and not good. The last 2 years he’s worked on his lateral quickness with a trainer and it shows- he’s no longer the weakest defensive player. Not strongest either- just not the worst. What I usually see is Obi trying too much to help out on defense and favor is rarely ever returned. All other things being equal - his offensive efficiency is still very high. Most “NY Knicks” podcasts I listen to echo the common complaint that Obi deserves much more minutes. Even the other night when they were playing the Raptors- the Raptors game announcers were saying (laughing really) “where’s Obi Toppin?”
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to longtimefan67 For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (01-25-2023), superfan99 (01-25-2023)