Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2023, 12:16 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,009 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flyerfanatic86 View Post
It doesn't matter what you think of Holmes' NBA chances, it matters what NBA scouts and GMs think. And if he can go, he should go. What's the benefit of transferring? Probably getting him a coaching staff that can further develop his skills and surround him with more talent so he can enjoy some level of team success at the collegiate level. I bet it would be fun to play in the tournament, and he wouldn't know it from his Dayton career.

Camara can go make money professionally. What's the benefit to sticking around? He will be another year older when trying to catch on professionally, and his skills aren't likely to measurably improve after another year of A10 basketball at this point in his career. They honored him at senior night for a reason, and it isn't because they expect him to return next year. I wish him luck and hope he can catch on a NBA roster somewhere, but if not go get paid while you can.
Neither guy, imho,will be here next year and I'd bet on it for most of the reasons you mention. In fact, even of Holmes doesn't enter the draft he's not sticking around UD. There are plenty of P5 schools that would salivate having him and give him a much much better NIL package not to mention he'll improve his game going against bigger and better front lines.