Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 03:43 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDGutter2 View Post
The US plays soccer? Just slightly kidding, it's just painfully boring sport to watch, imo. But congratulations to Trinibad and Tobasco, they are hot. Lol
Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
Not enough offense/not enough goals in soccer. Too boring.
I knew I would get responses like this as soon as I brought up soccer and was in no way trying to make people like soccer. I was simply using soccer as an easy analogy for how the development of players is different between the US and the rest of the world. I should have just used their basketball development because it uses the same model as their soccer programs in most cases but on a smaller scale. In many cases the soccer clubs also have basketball teams. Long story short the US is in the minority in the way it uses high schools/colleges to develop their athletes which is why when guys like Svoboda come to the states they have been playing for a pro team/club instead of a school.
Advertisement