Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 11:16 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,226 Times in 586 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
According to the web site verbal commits.com, just today Antwann Jones, Jr. (6-6, 205 4*) Overall Rank: 27 Position Rank 5 has trimmed his list to 4 and removed Dayton from consideration.

According to 247sports.com his final 4 are Kansas, Memphis, Oklahoma St and NC St.
Kansas and NC St. were just added today and Memphis and Oklahoma St. offered in June of 2016. Archie offered way before any of the above.

Similar to Dwayne Cohill, it makes one wonder because Jones career progressed and he rose in the recruiting rankings as well. I don't think Jones was told (like Cohill) that he was too much of a "big-time player" to come to Dayton as much as Jones saw where the Flyers made it clear to Dwayne that he was their No. 1 priority!

He probably said to himself, "I've got bigger fish to fry." Who knows what goes on in the world of recruiting! I wouldn't doubt that Kansas and NC St. just offered today to protect themselves as they both are recruiting 4 and 5 star shooting guards Keldon Johnson and Romeo Langford!

All I know is that I am extremely happy with the way CAG has recruited so far. I love Jalen Crutcher, Obadiah Toppin and Dwayne Cohill. The others remaining that he has offered are all keepers as well and we should feel fortunate to get any one of them.