Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 05:55 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,600 Times in 2,847 Posts
UACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Importance of staff

While the subject matter of the last dozen or so posts has been humor, it does remind me of something....the importance of a good staff, i.e., assistant coaches. I know nothing of AGs's assistants; but they have 12 month jobs as well as he does. Really competent assistants can have an enormous impact...and vice versa. When AG is away the staff doesn't go on vacation.

In the coaching carousel thread Kevin Ollie's trials and tribulations are discussed....his transition from a national championship coach to a fired coach in just four years. No way to know all the factors. But when he won a national championship in 2014 his three assistants were all former head coaches having a combined HC experience of about 50 years....a very highly experienced, competent group. They are now all gone. Could be a factor.

I hope AG has a solid group of assistants....it matters.
Mad Props to UACFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
SLUFLYER (03-13-2018)