Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 12:53 PM
1st Lieutenant

NYFLYERFAN is on a distinguished road
WANTED... Some "Welcome" Ideas!!

I know in past threads several of us have mentioned how it would be great to have a better atmosphere at Welcome Stadium for the Flyer home games similar to how it was this past family weekend. This included thinking of ways to get more student involvement to improve the overall football/tailgate experience.

This past New Years Eve while watching college football I decided to try to reach out to the new UD President , Dr Spina. I mananaged to find an email address and sent him a message saying how great UD is and the amazing people involved in the football program. I went on to say what a great turnout the Flyers had on Family weekend and that it would be great if that type of atmosphere could be replicated during the season. This was done with the hope of enhancing the overall experience for fans, players and students.

The following morning , New Years Day I had a reply in my inbox from President Spina saying how happy he was to be at UD and that he agrees that a boost in attendance would make for a great atmosphere and that in turn would benefit UD as a whole. He was aware of some ideas that were tried in the past and he said he was open to new ideas to bolster the Welcome Experience. Dr Spina informed me that he would have senior administrators reach out to me and kick around some ideas. I was just happy and shocked that he responded so quickly and had a wait and see attitude.

Well yesterday the rubber met the road, I received another email from senior members of the administration saying that President Spina forwarded my contact info so that we could discuss ways to improve the football experience. It looks like that call will take place next Friday , unless the hoop team advances to the Sweet Sixteen then it will be done the following week. What I am asking anyone who is interested is to come up with some ideas that can be presented so that we can work on improving the atmosphere at Welcome Stadium.

A couple of my suggestions were making students that attended games eligible for Path Points which are used towards getting preferred housing.
Also maybe letting students that are Marketing majors come up with a plan in conjunction with their professors and use this "project" as a real time business experience. Anything else you guys can think of please post!! Thanks again , here's to the Flyer's beating the Shockers tonight! Welcome to Spring Ball and a Happy St Patrick's day to all.
Posted via Mobile Device
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to NYFLYERFAN For This Totally Excellent Post:
Cardsflyer (03-17-2017), Flyer Gramps (03-19-2017), FlyerIllini (03-17-2017), NEOFlyer (03-17-2017)
Advertisement