Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 01:21 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,302 Times in 1,764 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
My grading is different than Rollo's in two areas:
1) Rollo is weighting the A10 performance very heavily in the evaluation and downplays the out of conference games. I agree that the A10 performance has been below expectations, but I disagree on the non-conference.

Most upper Tier D1 schools play cupcakes. North Carolina and Ohio State shared a common beat up opponent last year. However, there have been some powerful non conference wins (especially against Big East schools) in that mix that I consider. Pitt, Marquette, UC, Louisville are all powerful schools that lost to Dayton. And there are more. BG deserves more credit for those wins.

2) Road winning percentage. If you look at Donoher and Purnell's road records they are very similar if not worse than BG. Digger Phelps slammed Donoher at a roast by claiming that 399 of his 400 wins came at home. While I detest Digger, this humor had a bit of truth to it. UD has always been weak on the road! BTW. Creighton, another university like Dayton in terms of NCAA power and prestige has the exact same problem. Their road record is much worse than Dayton's!
Mad Props to SeasonTicketFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
John R (10-03-2010)