Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 10:21 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,699 Times in 1,668 Posts
DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TXFlyerFan View Post
I thought most schools wouldn't release you to play for another team in their conference?
In the situation of a school FIRING the head coach whom you committed to, I am 99% sure the protocol is to give a full release, no restrictions. LOI is basically just torn up, and you act like it never happened. Now, the Atlantic 10 has a rule in place which penalizes intra-conference restrictions by mandating an additional year be sat out but that doesn't apply since Wheeler never enrolled at Duquesne. So he should be free to go anywhere and as I said before, he has no shortage of choices. In the last 24 hours alone (since receiving his release) he has been offered by Arkansas State, James Madison, Buffalo, Houston, Penn State, Auburn, and South Florida (Brian Gregory says hi!). Obviously, McKinley (and the other recruits) are going to be the first priority but if this kid doesn't rush into a decision and McKinley wants out, then I think there's a very good chance Dayton gets involved.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to DallasFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (04-01-2017), ruechalgrin (03-31-2017), TXFlyerFan (03-31-2017), UD_Earl (03-31-2017)