Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 09:24 PM
General

Thanked 1,267 Times in 785 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyer68 View Post
My daughter's boyfriend is the radio play by play announcer at Pace University in Pleasantville, NY and is also a play by play and public address announcer at Monroe College in New Rochelle, NY. He has seen a lot of college basketball over the years.

When I heard about Matos, I asked him about Matos. He said he is a very good player and was team's high scorer. Has been playing a lot of point and shooting guard. He is nice kid and listed as 6'6" on the Monroe roster. Rhode Island and Providence had been to Monroe to see Matos in the past two weeks. Monroe has an excellent JUCO coach and program has produced a number of college transfers to highly rated DI schools such as Providence, Rhode Island, St. Bons, Seton Hall and St. Johns and now Dayton. Favorism to Catholic schools?

My only concern would be the caliber of competition he has faced and will face. At least our past transfers from Southern Illinois, Ohio State and Bradley had watched and played against Di competition.
My thoughts too. However this kid looks quick, has the lanky arms. Stats are about what they should be for a top JUCo. I like the fact he rebounds well.

We need rebounders and defenders. Add another quick player or two, then the possibility of pressing/trapping becomes an option. Especially if Toppin can also get around on the floor.
Mad Props to Flyer 86 For This Totally Excellent Post:
OSU Flyer (02-20-2018)