Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 04:17 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,316 Times in 1,328 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ud69 View Post
Don't think we ever had a 5 point lead and the ball.

Key moment in the game -

We are up 5 and VCU calls a timeout in front of their bench with 3:01 left. To this point in the game, the upcoming defensive possession is the single most important defensive possession for the Flyers. We are down to a single timeout left. Regardless of who has 4 fouls, I want my best defensive team on the floor and I want to play my best defensive format - be it man-to-man or zone. However, we come out of the timeout without Cunningham and DD on the floor. I know they have 4 fouls, but we have the lead and if we give up a bucket (which we did) they also are our best offensive options.

VCU hits a trey to cut the lead to 2. The absolute worst possible event. Now, we are hurting on offense. Grant fails to call a timeout to get his best offensive team on the floor. We end up with a shot clock violation at 2:16. Now we bring in DD and Josh. Everything is headed downhill.

Sigh.......
Did we have a timeout left at that point?

On Svoboda, I think he actually has a pretty good idea of defensive principles, I think he is just too slow to execute. He obviously needs get faster in the off season.
Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
T-Bone 84 (03-08-2018)