Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 01:27 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,009 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
Players cannot even take official visits until their senior year. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying teams aren't laying groundwork before a player's junior season is over, but the full-court blitz (Pun intended) is not until the summer before their senior year. That is when they pick up communication with their targets, that is when they make more visits with their targets, and that is when majority of the work is done.
The officials are after the relationship and the hardwork has been established..Just look at Archie Miller.....Every one of the recent UD kids he recruited but the foreign player signed in Nov. 2016. Those relationships started well before the previous summer and most early in their junior years and some earlier.I believe Mckinley Wright (I may be wrong here) spoke that Miller and UD had established their relationship and recruiting before his junior year..

You can call it the "full-court blitz" or whatever but the beginning relationships of most all these kids with the UD coaches and the relationship building was planted well before last summer..

You are committing coaching suicide if you're not out recruiting these kids in their soph/junior years.With all the media exposure now, all the tech advances in communication, all the AS games, and all the AAU tourneys it's become a feeding frenzy for coaches. While it's not totally obsolete, the days of really recruiting a kid right in his HS backyard is evaporating.....Going to an AS game or an AAU tournament gives a school a chance to look at dozens and dozens of players in one weekend.

Last edited by steve; 05-19-2017 at 02:08 PM..