Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 11:42 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,484 Times in 810 Posts
FlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
I think Flying Arrow's point is that when you make a statement like that, for it to be relevant would mean that it's Archie's fault that the big men didn't work out. You can argue that Scott and Robinson were never high character guys and AM should've never brought them to Dayton. You can argue that Gavrilovik was not a skilled big man. But, and I know you know this, you can't argue that there was anything AM could've done to have Big Steve be here for 4 seasons and on this earth beyond.

In actuality, AM had 3 seasons without a legitimate big player and all of them were due to unforeseen circumstances. One being the expulsion of Kavs, another the expusions of Scott and Robinson. And the other being the tragic death of Big Steve.

You're correct that they didn't work out, but in no way do I think that means for a second that AM will always have trouble getting needed big men on his teams.
And in fact, for one season, Big Steve did work out. We went to the NCAA tournament and he holds the UD record for blocked shots in a season.
Mad Props to FlyingArrow For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (03-31-2017)