Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2018, 11:38 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
I can't speak for every poster that ever said that this or that thread should be locked but I think I can speak for many. We literally do not mean it should literally locked. It is more or less expressing the opinion that just about everything that can be said on the subject has been said and nothing meaningful is being added. The other meaning about saying a thread should be locked is that the poster suggesting the lock just has no interested in the subject. Now many suggest that the poster suggesting the lock could just not click on the thread. The problem is that, that is not possible. Many of us have to literally click on every thread and read every post whether they think everything on the subject has been said and even have to click on threads that they have no interest in the subject. This can be due to boredom or routine.

So next time some poster says this thread should be locked, don't get all huffy about losing first amendment rights. Just ignore it like the poster who made the post does when he/she reads your post that states what has already been stated 6 times over in that thread.