Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 02:41 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,592 Times in 3,714 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by THirt View Post
A new recruiting period just started and there were several AAU events over the last two weekends. Archie generally has not liked to extend offers unless he has seen the player in person.

Quite honestly, we did not have enough 2017 offers out prior to this month. All that said, it is crazy that we haven't snagged anyone yet. I read on the Twitter that it has been 14 months since we got a commitment from a high school player. That's s long time.
Posted via Mobile Device
Two weeks ago, I spent the weekend at a USJN sanctioned AAU tourney for high school girls. When the top teams were playing, multiple coaches lined both sidelines. After the games, they were swarming like vultures to make contact with some of the better players. This was at a regional event with primarily D2 and D3 coaches, I can only imagine how much crazier of an atmosphere it is for the elite level guys at D1 events.

I would not want to be a 16, 17 or 18 year old trying to make these decisions quickly. Give the kids time to sort out what coaches and schools have their best interest in mind. Most of the major AAU events where coaches can attend and make contact occur in July, so I look for late July and August to be a very active time for news for our Flyers.