User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: parking
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 07:24 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 9,809 Times in 4,072 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
As for previous comments about the many open spots in lots A-D, I agree, UD staff needs to re-evaluate their capacity. Arena capacity has shrunk, not grown. And IMO the modifications made to the property surrounding lots A-D have not resulted in fewer spots to the point that each individual STH cannot have access. In the 70's, 80's, and 90's, STH packages were thriving and everyone got a parking pass...and a place to park. In addition, walk up customers could pay a couple of bucks and park in D lot. Sump'n ain't right!
While I agree that it needs to be monitored and evaluated, I wonder what the formula is for the amount of spots and the amount of passes issued. There are times where we burn two passes a game simply due to carpooling. There are times where all passes are used and times where they aren't. Unfortunately, the usage of passes depends on many factors, and is typically a last minute decision. I know I am not the only one in that position as friends of mine who have passes will hitch a ride with others.

As Clayton said, they aren't filling it to capacity, but they have to sell passes anticipating that every single pass will be used every game. Even in that case, spots in A lot have been lost due to construction. The number of passes are sold as if every game was a rivalry game, not a buy game from the SWAC. If the guys in the lot twiddling their thumbs are counting empty spots each game, then they can be used to capacity in future seasons.