Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 04:25 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,558 Times in 941 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by longtimefan67 View Post
He's not useless. I'm glad he came and hope he stays. I think he had a tough year adjustment to the US college game. He was more useful than 2 other knuckleheads who chose not to engage and not play. Kudos to AG for honoring the commitment. I think in the end Svoboda proves you wrong.

Mikesell will be healthy. He'll play smart and better defense than ever now that he can play pain free.

This is a strong team next year and we still have a few scholy's left to give.
Boy I hope you are right, but all the evidence leans the other way. Svoboda was the worst player in a bad team. I can't think of anytime he was a real asset to us all year. Don't expect a miraculous upgrade in his game next year. He's slow, can't drive or shoot. The stats bear this out.

Counting on Miksell.... Hope you are right but he wasn't a star before. Helpless on d before, and we sure need defensive help.

Will our two freshmen guards improve. Probably, but doubt their ability to get us back to respectability next year. Today was telling, against a not very strong opponent. Neither man got to the line. They settled for jumpshots because they can't penetrate. Maybe Cohill can but he's a freshmen.

Unless Topin is a real player, and/orAG can land some solid grad transfers. We will be hanging with Duquesne and Fordham in the pit of misery again.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to maddog07 For This Totally Excellent Post:
WarriorPride (03-08-2018)