Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 06:30 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,329 Times in 1,078 Posts
longtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
Not siding, just stating a fact. Svoboda was the least productive player that ever got the kind of minutes he did that I can remember playing at UD. He was record bad. XW contributed to at least one win. Snap back to reality and you can see it regardless of your hatred. If you asked me who I prefer back next year between the two I would say if what has been said about X is true, I'd prefer Svoboda. That doesn't change the facts, I live in reality.
I wasn’t ever close to even knowing someone claiming to have “inside information” on team chemistry and “contributions” so i can only speculate what i saw in terms of playing time. Any coach worth his weight in salt is going to put out players based on what they have talent-wise and what they show in terms of hustle IN PRACTICE (unless you’re Alan Iverson of course). So obviously Svoboda did his job in practice- and a few other players didn’t- therefore they didn’t see PT.

If you’re hurt, can’t even run due to a bad back or whatever- and you “shut it down”- you’re still on the bench in street clothes and engaged, part of the team.
For that reason alone, imo, X is gone. I don’t care what he accomplished “in one game alone” his attitude was detrimental to team chemistry at the very least, could possibly have very negatively influenced another player or 2 and directly responsible for a few losses.

One season doesn’t make a career. You have no idea what Svboda may or may not accomplish in the next 3 years but the fact that he was on the court and doing his best at the end of the year speaks volumes about his work ethic and I’ll take that any day over someone(s) who didn’t care, checked out or didn’t make trips to away games the last few months. Welcome to my reality.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to longtimefan67 For This Totally Excellent Post:
UD62 (03-09-2018)