Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 02:56 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 9,813 Times in 4,074 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
I am not stating this is the case with any one player, but this is the way it goes.

Players that haven't bought in to what AG is selling...their roles change.

Players that conflict, maybe with attitude or effort....their roles change.

AG has had this entire season to get an idea of what to expect out of players and this was their initial tryout. Now he is telling them what their future is via priority on the floor.

He is playing the young guys and the old guys that give effort. Svoboda gets minutes, because from reports, he is doing what is asked and it isn't translating to the real games. Obi is apparently getting it done as well as Mikesell. Pierce appears to be good as gone. Crosby is a known quantity as it appears and will have the same role he has this year next...probably even further reduced. XW doesn't appear to be an issue on the floor, I would suspect injuries are nagging him more than known. Kostas? Who knows. Is it performance or something else. I think you can say that out of all of them, Crosby and Pierce are the two that the writing on the wall is regarding their involvement moving forward.

So where do you go from here? Cunningham, Trey, XW, Obi, Mikesell, J Davis, Crutcher, Kostas, Svoboda...Cohill. Pierce...there's another probable opening. Who knows what Crosby will do...stick around with a VERY limited role or bounce. We don't know exactly what is going on with X. You hope it is something that is out of his control, such as an ailment that can be rehabilitated.

In the end, I think one spot will open up for sure, maybe a second. In that case, the freshman improve in the off season and things start an upward trend.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (02-06-2018), flyerfanatic86 (02-06-2018), OSU Flyer (02-06-2018)