Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 11:14 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
I agree. Did the NCAA or UD or someone say this, or is it just speculation on your part? I think arena seating capacity has more to do with it though, plus the fact Indy, Columbus, and Louisville have all built arenas in the past 10 to 15 years that are well suited to host such events, with at least 6K more seats available.
I think capacity is the biggest issue, but even if UD Arena were the same size all three of those sites are better for hosting tournament games. They are all in downtown areas with hotels, restaurants, and bars in very close proximity. UD Arenas location simply does not have those things. In all 3 places I could park my car for the weekend if I wanted to and walk everywhere I needed to go. For games at UD Arena I would have to drive everywhere because there are only 2 hotels within walking distance and those rooms wouldn't be available to the general public because the NCAA would reserve them for teams, press, etc.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to C-time For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (04-20-2017), ClaytonFlyerFan (04-20-2017), FLYER5 (04-20-2017), shocka43 (04-20-2017)