Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2018, 01:41 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,914 Times in 6,996 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
I reffed a game last week that was interesting...

1st quarter the more talented of the 2 teams comes out flat and the play was ugly. They were lost and the coaches were doing - literally - nothing. At the end of the quarter they were losing and the team was flustered. In the 2nd quarter the coaches started making changes, adjustments and - viol'a - the better team took charge and eventually won BIG.

After the game I'm leaving and bump into an assistant coach and asked WTF happened in the first quarter. He said the team needed 'an attitude adjustment' and that the kids stopped listening to the head coach because 'they think they know everything'. So the coaches decided NOT to coach the first quarter and let the players play on their own. So, just as the coaches thought/knew, the kids found out for themselves that they don't know everything and actually need coaching if they want to win.

My Royal Point: Sometimes coaches know what they're doing.

With that in mind, from what I see in games and hear from insiders, I'm under the assumption that Grant knows exactly what he's doing and will be patient (2 more years) as our players adjust to the way Grant wants to do things.

Last edited by rollo; 12-17-2018 at 01:58 PM..
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to rollo For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (12-17-2018), Gazoo (12-17-2018), longtimefan67 (12-17-2018), SoTier Flyer (12-17-2018), THirt (12-18-2018)