Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 08:02 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,029 Times in 766 Posts
jumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
I don't think anyone would do a better job with it than what Dayton has done. Having said that, I do think it'd be better if they just played it at whatever site the game is playing into. Even if they had to play on back to back nights, I think most teams would rather play two games in two days at one place than play two games in three days at two places. Plus, as far as the fans of the teams go, it'd be better for them to not have to travel to two different cities.

I don't think they're going to move it out of Dayton, though. If they're gonna do it this way, then Dayton is probably the best place to have it.
I don't see your suggestion as viable from a ticket sales standpoint. Teams and sites announced on Sunday night gives no time for ticket sales. UD works year round to fill the Arena for those games. It would be embarrassing for the NCAA and teams to play in front of a couple thousand fans at most. To make it work, the NCAA would have to put some of their cards on the table like letting certain sites know in advance that they will have a 1 vs 16 seed game or a 5 vs 12 game. I don't see that happening.