User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Five-Oh
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2018, 11:13 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 11,650 Times in 3,451 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
The place was a dump in the mid 90s when I was in school too. I hate to say it, but it was true. Sherman and Wholleben weren't even air conditioned. I had a frosh English class at 9am in Sherman. No A/C. The classrooms looked like they were from some 1950s Andy Griffith episode with cracked green linoleum checkerboard tile and cinder block walls. I had just graduated from Centerville where the entire school was A/C'd and carpeted. I thought "my God what have I done." About the only thing missing were nuclear fallout signs. The buildings had that musky dusty smell you cant really describe but know it when you sniff it.

When Humanities was built my soph(?) year, I thought it was the Taj Mahal. Now its just another building. Im not sure I saw a potted plant my entire 5.5 years on the hilltop. The morning stench of KU grease fires billowing out of the stacks about made me gag. Smelled worse than the Cargill plant.

Today's students have no idea how good they have it. UD didnt just catch up to normal standards, they have taken it to a new level of chic.

C. M. Rieman | Publisher | 937.361.4630 | Get the latest here: