Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 09:36 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,178 Times in 4,206 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shocka43 View Post
Bruh...

Kevin Kuwik...assistant Davidson....20 years NCAA experience...HS offer at Wayne prior to Davidson

Allen Griffin...assistant Syracuse...15 years NCAA experience

Tom Ostrom...Associate HC Indiana...18 years NCAA experience (passed up for NKU job...shady AF and was prior to UD in the AAU circles)

If they were that desirable, they would have been selected. They also would have most likely taken a HC job somewhere in the US if they were offered.

There is a hell of a lot more to leading a D1 program than being a role player on a coaching staff. I agree that continuity would be nice and it has proven to work at other schools, like XU.

If there were a capable coach on Miller's staff, UD would have promoted him. They didn't. They didn't for a reason. As I mentioned, just because a guy holds a clipboard and does position work in practice, doesn't make them a head coach.
We will just have to agree to disagree...there are plenty of head coaches at both UD and other schools that were promoted from being an assistant that, as far as I am aware, were never offered a head coaching job elsewhere. I do not consider never having been offered a head coaching job elsewhere to be a disqualifier. To a degree, it is all a crapshoot, heck, Steele at Xavier got passed over for the Wright State job, does that mean that Xavier made a bad hire?

And what about 4 out of the last 6 UD hires? Donoher, JOB, BG, and AM had never been offered a d1 hc job anywhere prior to being hired here as far as I am aware. But now all of a sudden that we hired Grant, who had prior hc experience, he is the ideal candidate?

And don't tell me that you had to have p5/BE assistant experience either, Ostrom and Griffin had such experience.

The examples are too numerous to list: Stevens, Lickliter, and Miller at Butler, Capel, Smart, Rhoades, and Grant at VCU, Gillen, Mack, Miller, and Steele at Xavier, Skinner and Cox at RI , Aaron McKie at Temple, Mark Few at Gonzaga, Izzo at MSU, Pitino at Minnesota, Wojo at Marquette, Dutcher at SDSU, Craig Neal at NM, and on and on and on.

Last edited by ud2; 04-01-2020 at 09:39 AM..