Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: 2017-18 season
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 09:03 AM
General

Thanked 5,460 Times in 2,387 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by springborofan View Post
I get so sick of the false choice propagated by some on this board. Just because someone believes the team will be down some next year does not mean anyone is happy about it. So, stop being so **** lazy with your debating skills by trying to put words in someone's mouth.

Take the time to prove your point: For example, explain to me how next year's team replaces over 65% of the scoring?
-Devin Oliver, Kyle Davis significantly improved 3 point shooting.
-6 scholarship players. Six.

Provide evidence that the newcomers or existing players will replace the top two defenders (both first team A10).
Archie has been Dayton's coach for 6 years, and IIRC our defense has improved every year for those 6 years. That includes years where we had freshman and seniors playing major minutes.

Outline how JC will capably fill in for a three year starting point guard?
By becoming more confident. Like LW after his first 2 out of control years. JC's issues aren't physical--we're not asking him to play center. He has every physical tool he needs. We have a coach that was a former PG who could help him develop in the offseason.

Less tangible, but just as important, who are the leaders next year? Darrell Davis? Give me your reasoning to believe he will be the leader that Scoochie and Kyle Daivis were!
Likely it will be one of the many young men Archie has carefully recruited to be a part of his system. It's possible we'll not have a single leader, or worse yet Miller will have to kick a couple people off the team who are leading people the wrong way (Dumb & Dumber). It's also incredibly unlikely. So I would pick DD and XW, both of which blossomed this year.

Your questions give away your thought processes. Woe is me, we'll have no leaders, no one will be able to step up and replace the defense, tell me how anyone will step in for a 3 year starting PG. You mask your questions as being "reasonable" but what you're really doing is displaying a victim mentality. Start finding reasons to win not excuses for losing.