Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 03:25 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,001 Times in 493 Posts
Flyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDTradition View Post

IMO You lost perspective on this one. I KNOW the pain.

Read this sarcastic comment in front of my wife and others in the same unfortunate condition..................see what they think.......we (especially her) understand the pain.............this humor is not appreciated regardless of the author and their unfortunate situation.

Misplaced humor like this doesn't belong on a Flyer forum.
Your friends or anyone else who has gone through the fight has every right to feel how they want about Rollo's comment, (I will point out that they never would have known about it and thus not suffered whatever anger or frustration they suffered if you had not felt the need to conduct an unscientific survey on the matter). However, it is that exact same principal that gives Rollo the right to deal with his fight however he sees fit and the responses, I think, were meant as support for a fellow Flyer and Prider not as some indication that we think there is something funny about chemotherapy or cancer. I certainly don't think that.

If offended you, and anyone else, has the right to stop reading, make a comment expressing your displeasure, (which you did), start cheering for Xavier or whatever. I will respectfully suggest that what you don't have the right to do is tell Rollo or anyone else, what they can, can't, should or shouldn't post by way of suggesting what belongs on this board and what does not.

America is a wonderful place and freedom is perhaps the most wonderful of things but it does require that we endure opinions and statements we might not agree with from time to time rather than taking up the cause on behalf of everyone who might be offended by said comments, even when they aren't aware of them. I expect you won't agree with my statements and opinions and that is fine. I just ask that you refrain from telling me or suggesting to me that I should not be able to express them.

Last edited by San Diego Flyer; 08-14-2017 at 04:59 PM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyers98 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bucketnight (08-14-2017), Gazoo (08-14-2017)