Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 08:25 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,737 Times in 1,011 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flybye View Post
So it had trap all over it and the boys and Archie drove right into it. Hell Baylor gets to No 1 and has 29 turnovers and gets blown out on the road the next day. So it happens. Our issue is the margin for error is now ZERO for an at large. I believe we can lose at Rhody and VCU and if we get to finals get a At large. I have always thought and still do with the injuries that we have to win in Pitt. Its been 14 years since we have won a Conference Championship in a tourney. Josh will be back and we need him to be able to give us 20 a game and some inside presence. 75% of Josh is a better value than Sam and at Times X. Archie will get Cooke back in the flow and we are a pretty darn good defensive team. Think about we had 14 steals and 6 blocks and got our asses kicked. So Sat is very important, get back on track and set up a great Home game with Richmond who should be undefeated in the conference when they come. Changes.... shorten the rotation, Sam out and Crosby only a min before a Timeout to give Scoochie a rest. Archie in the 4 losses teams have shut down our half court offense. I am begging you to get aggressive and trap and press early to get the O going. we are really good at it. Pitt is a great city start making plans for the A Ten we need to get the 4 Seniors to the NCAA!
I would not call last night a trap. First off, UD is not that good of a team at this juncture. Signs of getting better prior to last night? Absolutely but far from a polished team. Secondly, they certainly don't have a rival game or even an adequate opponent coming up on saturday so ZERO reason to even look ahead..

Not only the stats you mentioned but Mass also shot under 50% from the charity stripe AND had 17 TO's and still kicked UD's arse..