User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2022, 01:19 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

TX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Fudd View Post
The offense is hard to watch at the moment. It is normally 10 games into the season before we plateau at working things out as a team, and playing to whatever level our talent allows. I think the players and coaches are still working on the formula that makes things work for us on offense. Fortunately, the defense is good enough right now to allow us to have some time to figure it out without lots of damage. We still have not identified what our go-to options are on offense. We have not found the plays that we can rely on that take maximum advantage of our offensive strengths. I do believe the talent is there. We don't have the confidence and execution to unleash it right now.

Mali's return is an important element in this. He plays like none of our other pg's. Robert Morris had a quick pg who gave problems to our other pg's, but Mali out-quicked him and turned the tables in our favor at the position. He is going to allow us to do some things that we are otherwise not capable of without him on the floor. When he has the ball, he dictates where the ball goes. When our other pg's had the ball, the defense was dictating and disrupting our plans on the first pass. Mali also gave us immediate improvement in applying ball pressure defensively.

The difference between last year and this year at this point in the season is that we have the defense playing well and reliably.
I really hope with all the continuity that it doesn’t take 10 games. The only new person is Mike and I understand he is a freshman with major potential and will have his issues but the rest of the team knows the system
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TX Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (11-24-2022), frisco flyer (11-20-2022), m21eagle45 (11-21-2022)