Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 04:57 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,618 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by masonflyer View Post
Watch it Longtime, OP is a freakin' God. He took a toad, gave it a big kiss, and turned it into a prince. I still give him the same B that I give BG though. A's are reserved for the Donohers and Blackburns since to me an A is not for "very good", but rather "excellent".
I have said many times that OP rebuilt the program from almost nothing, and for that I will be forever grateful. But after he rebuilt the program he lost to Detroit at home in the NIT, lost to Tennessee Tech at home in the NIT, lost as a #4 seed in the NCAA, never won an NCAA game, and left the cupboard bare (after Ramod, KW, and Finn) with players whom I don't need to name again. I would give him a B. They both have their positives and negatives. OP rebuilt the program and went to five post-seasons in nine years, but didn't do too well once he got there. BG has issues winning in the A-10, but has gone to four post-seasons in seven years with a win in the NCAA (the first since 1990) and an NIT Championship. I give the edge to BG (B+ to B) because we are in a better position right now than we were when OP left.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (10-07-2010), Fairborn Fan (10-07-2010), UD Sam (10-07-2010)