Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2017, 08:35 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dramateacher View Post
RYAN PERRYMAN WAS NEVER DISAPPOINTED ABOUT HIS COLLEGE CAREER. The blog that is being talked about on this thread is actually titled “The Plight of the College Athlete,” a fitting metaphor about circumstances that can befall any athlete nationwide and probably worldwide. The universities need their coats pulled (be made aware of) of what surprising and unexpected things happen to young athletes that once filled stadiums to the rafters and played their hearts out to the sounds of deafening cheers.

I’m happy I raised him to be a hard worker who puts his brains, muscles and might into everything does. He went to Dayton, adjusted to the system and played his heart out. He became a team leader and in some cases a national leader (rebounding). After graduation (yes, he graduated honorably) and all of the things that transpired, Ryan came back home and worked tirelessly teaching plus working other jobs during the same time. Soon he went overseas and played basketball for a number of years before he got married and started a family.

He sought out the Dayton community for leads to job interviews. Crickets. He eventually got a job with a St. Louis library book sale company. St. Louis. He worked very hard traveling, selling and honing his skills. His next position was a Central Ohio Account Executive for Houghton Miflin Harcourt, an international textbook and learning company. Within a very few years Ryan became a CEO Club recipient. That means he was one of the top salespeople in the company… an elite group. This past January Ryan was promoted Michigan Field Sales Manager.

By the way, for the person on this discussion board who inquired, there is a thing as a double major. In my degree have a double major. My son is proud of his university and is a staunch alumnus. He received a great education and has developed many lifelong relationships.

Ryan Perryman has never and I mean never said a disparaging word about UD. He loves the fans. He never, ever told me, his Mother, about the difficulties he was having. I just found out that part of it two days ago. He wanted to shoulder what he considered to be his responsibility for his life’s work and outcome. That is a true testament to his character. He was raised to work hard and do his best. I couldn’t have asked for a better son. All of us raise our sons in hopes that they will be great men. We succeeded.

However I ask the same question others might ask. Why was there was no feedback from Purnell or UD?

"You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes." ~Walter M Schirra

~Brenda Perryman
A reminder to all, post like you know the kids (yes kids) you are talking about are somebody's son, daughter, brother, sister, niece, nephew, etc., are reading your words. How would you feel if you were reading what someone wrote about your son, daughter, brother, sister, niece, nephew, etc.?
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer14 (10-06-2017), jumpin' joe (08-21-2017), upperarlingtonflyer (08-21-2017)