Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 01:42 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,699 Times in 1,668 Posts
DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shocka43 View Post
I will say that Grant seems to be the most forthcoming about the "goings ons" within the program than I can remember. Looks like those asking questions of him will get honest answers.
I think part of it is that Archdeacon and Anthony Grant have known each other for many years, with histories that go way back together to their Miami, FL upbringings. So it's not terribly surprising that Grant just seems comfortable opening up to him. So it's partly that and also probably partly due to the fact that Archdeacon is naturally going to probe and look for interesting commentary by trade whereas a typical beat reporter is more reporting facts, recruiting visits, roster/injury updates, etc. Archie was willing (somewhat I guess) to give that stuff to the beat reporters, but he wasn't going to just go have lunch with Archdeacon and chat about the program. It's just a totally different dynamic.
Mad Props to DallasFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
shocka43 (08-23-2017)