User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2016, 11:46 AM
1st Lieutenant

bhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to behold
On Morsell's ND visit this past weekend:

While most of the focus the past several days zeroed in on the Notre Dame-Michigan State football game and the subsequent recruiting, it was also a big weekend on hand for the men’s basketball program.

One of the top targets on the board in the 2017 class took an official visit to South Bend: Baltimore Mount St. Joseph Rivals100 shooting guard Darryl Morsell.

“It was great,” Morsell said of his time at Notre Dame. “I’ve never really been down there so I got to see the whole campus, spend some time with the guys, spend some good time with the coaching staff.

“I’ve never been on an official visit, so I didn’t know what to expect. I had nothing to compare to. It went very well.”

One of the highlights for Morsell was being able to play pickup with the current team and former Irish stars like Jerian Grant and Demetrius Jackson. Morsell sees the experience as a major benefit when he selects a school.

“You can get a feel of who’s going to be there and how they play,” Morsell said. “I was able to get a feel for the guys that will be there if I go there like their strengths, their weaknesses and how I would fit in.

“Demetrius and Jerian were both on my team and those are guys Coach Brey often compares me to. It was nice to talk to them and pick their brains to see what I need to do to make it to the next level.”

The 6-foot-3, 180-pound Morsell likes the group of players currently on the team.

“They have a lot of shooters and they have good, young big men,” Morsell said. “They should be pretty good.”

Notre Dame ensured Morsell felt he was a top target on the board for Mike Brey and the staff.

“Everything was always Coach Brey,” Morsell said of what coach he spent the most time with. “Every morning there was breakfast with Coach Brey and maybe an assistant. Everything was always with Coach Brey. That makes me feel like I am important to them.”

The staff weren’t the only ones pitching the Notre Dame program to the four-star. Morsell said basically the whole team made their pitch.

Morsell was accompanied by his parents on the trip.

“They liked it as well,” Morsell said. “They got to talk to some of the administrative people and get their questions answered. They loved the football. They had a good time.”

Up next for Morsell is a trip to Villanova this weekend followed up by a trip to Maryland the following weekend. He also has an official scheduled to Dayton on Oct. 22. He is unsure if he will use his fifth and final official.